Develop a Clear Strategy for Your Technology Service and Support Operation
We help industry-leading service and support operations set their strategic goals, improve operational efficiency and drive world class levels of performance while improving customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Our proven strategic planning consulting services leverage input from key decision makers within the organization, interviews with individual contributors and discussions with key customers to develop the strategic plan and align organizational objectives for maximum business results. In addition, we will align the strategy with customer service industry standards and best practices to ensure your success.
Our team of executive level service professionals, each has over twenty years of industry experience covering Support, eService, Field Service and Professional Service operations. Our consultants are experts at helping your organization manage the rapid change and complexities inherent to technology service operations. They have spent their careers running service and support operations and solving the complex problems that challenge the industry.
Support Strategy Development
Service Strategies can help you create a comprehensive strategic plan, KPIs and goals to lead your organization to the next level of performance. The plan will provide a three to five year roadmap to guide your organizational development and help eliminate the chaos that can result from poor planning.
We use our proven planning processes to collect input from executives, individual contributors, and other key stakeholders to ensure the plan is aligned with corporate objectives. The customer service strategic plan will allow you to prepare for and implement the strategies and tactics necessary to achieve your organizational goals and objectives.
Our strategic planning process will take into consideration a number of critical factors associated with the service business including:
- Market conditions that impact growth and service demand
- The state of the organization, performance gaps and areas for improvement
- Service level targets necessary to meet customer satisfaction goals
- Resource requirements to meet projected service demand
- Staff training and development initiatives
- A review of the Service offering portfolio
- Service tools and systems to enhance efficiency and productivity
- The financial plan for the organization
- And more…
Service Strategies consultants will facilitate meetings, conduct research, identify requirements and gather the necessary data to develop the strategic plan for the service operation. We also create the planning documents and provide an executive presentation to communicate the strategy to senior management and the staff.
Service Strategies can help you design or redesign your service and support organization for maximum efficiency. We will evaluate the current organizational structure, interview key management personnel and determine if the current functional structure is aligned to meet your future strategic objectives.
Service Strategies’ consultants will conduct a high level assessment and provide a report outlining our recommendations for restructuring the organization. We will also provide an implementation plan that will help you:
- Streamline the Organization Structure
- Define Span of Control and Accountability
- Develop Measurable Management Objectives
- Create Key Performance Indicators and Scorecards
- Implement Incentive Compensation and Reward Plans
- Assist in Developing Management Position Descriptions
- Assist in Defining Management Skills and Training Requirements
In conjunction with the organizational re-alignment, processes and operating procedures are examined to determine if they are enabling the organization to deliver the most efficient service at the right level of quality to customers.
Service Program Design
Service Strategies can help you design an effective set of value added Service Offerings and Programs to meet your clients needs and generate revenues for the company. Gone are the days of the one-size-fits-all service program. Companies must understand the service requirements important to their customers and a set of programs that deliver real value.
Service Strategies consultants can help segment your client base to better understand their unique service requirements. Segmentation will help determine customer requirements based on size, market segment, industry and other factors that will allow you to tailor your new service offerings and programs directly to the needs of each segment. In addition, we will evaluate your current delivery capability, identify gaps and make recommendations to ensure you are fully prepared to deliver the new offerings effectively.
Service Strategies will examine the fundamental service requirements important to your customers and help you design and implement a set of offerings and programs to meet their needs. We will examine response and resolution commitments, delivery requirements, value added components and the economics associated with delivering the offerings, based on your market segment. Our approach includes a number of steps including:
- Develop customer segmentation strategies for the design of new service offerings
- Interview customers from each segment to validate their service requirements
- Assess the capability of the organization to deliver the new service offerings
- Identify gaps in delivery capabilities and make recommendations to close them
- Design new service programs with marketing involvement
- Create pricing models for the new programs and offerings
- Help develop the service infrastructure to deliver new service programs
- Assist in developing and delivering sales training
- Assist in launching the new service programs
- Monitor client acceptance and satisfaction
- Review service revenue growth and costs
Service Strategies will deliver a comprehensive analysis and customer segmentation strategy, along with a proposed set of service offerings and programs. In addition, we will provide an assessment of delivery capabilities, identify gaps and provide improvement recommendations to ensure your organization is ready to deliver the new offerings effectively.
Global Service Models
Are your global clients receiving the same quality of service in all international regions? Does your infrastructure enable you to deliver the most cost effective service and support across the globe utilizing staff and technology in the most efficient manner? Service Strategies can help you answer these questions and assist in designing a global service model that will maximize the efficiency of your operations.
Service Strategies has helped industry leading technology companies implement a variety of global service models. These include Follow the Sun, Centralized Global Support and Hybrid Global Support models. Each of these models can be implemented using captive employees or by levering delivery partners around the globe. While each model has its challenges, Service Strategies can help your organization determine which will be the most efficient and effective at serving your global client base.
Service Strategies’ consultants have the international experience and expertise to help you optimize the capability of your global service and support operation. We have helped industry leading technology companies totally restructure their international service operations into a more efficient cost effective global service delivery engine. We conduct a thorough review of your global service operation including:
- Assessment of global service capabilities through international site visits
- Review of the corporate structure and service objectives
- Review of customer satisfaction levels for all international regions
- Review of the global technology infrastructure
- Review of the financial requirements to deliver global services
- Review of service offerings and customer segmentation
- Examine skill requirements and resource management issues
- Examine the interfaces into regional sales organizations
- Compare performance to industry best practices
Service Strategies will deliver a comprehensive analysis of the performance of the current service model in a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) format. In addition, we will provide improvement recommendations, suggest an optimum global service model for your organization and offer follow on service to help implement changes.